Saturday, September 18, 2010

I wanna be debt freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Logo

Well, as of last Sunday I have offically decided to start taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class.  A little background on me...growing up my parents weren't very good with their money, so I never really saw how to stay out of debt and save for a future.  Subsequently, I came out of college with a large student loan and a credit card that I was told to get so that I can purchase things when I don't have money.  Seriously??  If I didn't have money, I should've just walked away, but what did I know.

I've known about Dave & his radio show for about 6 years, but finally this year I got tired of always having the head knowledge, but never reducing my debt completely.  So when my church advertised that they were offering it as a small group class I decided that this would be the best time.  They have this thing called the baby steps in which it gives you a step by step list of what you need to be doing in order to reduce debt and build wealth in the correct order.  It really is common sense, but it is amazing what happens when you have accountability whether it be through a class, spouse or friend in order to get rid of debt.  I hope to learn more about myself in relation to money, but also to dump some debt and hopefully be completely debt free in the next 24 months.  This goal is very important to me and I can't wait to see the debt slowly come down. 

Have any of y'all ever tried to get rid of debt?  Have you had any success?  I'd love to hear about it!

~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment