Sunday, May 29, 2016

Getting Back on the Saddle :)

I am definitely not the best or most consistent blogger in the world.  Point in case...it has been almost 2 years to the day since the last time I blogged.  I definitely wish that I had continued blogging during that time as I had so much happen in my life that included losing a job, moving across the country, getting a new job, living with 3 other women I didn't know in a house and now...having now been back home for almost 2 years I guess it is a good time to try and get back in to this.

As believers and followers of Christ, we are called to love each other.  That seems like a simple thing, right?  Not so much when we are so involved in ourselves, our schedules & our lives.  We so desperately want to be loved by those around us, we end up not really loving those around us well sometimes.  Love is one of those things that doesn't require a big bank account, fancy clothes or eloquent words.

For those that are struggling today with loving others and putting others ahead of you...you are not alone.  Take a small risk for someone today.  Ask someone around you, what is happening in their world and really listen.  Call or text someone a message that let's them know you are thinking about them.  It is a risk to put ourselves out there, but the reward is so worth it.

There are two commands for us as believers...to LOVE the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul, mind & strength and to LOVE our neighbor as ourself.  I read this quote from Frederick Buechner and I think you will agree that this is simple and amazing all at once.  It says, "wherever people love each other and are true to each other and take risks for each other, God is with them and for them and they are doing God's will."

May we love each other with a reckless abandon :)

5 comments:

  1. Hello jennifer.
    My name is jacinta. I am 28yrs old. I have been looking for a way to contact you or your father both on Twitter, LinkedIn etc but was not successful. You really look like your dad in everything. Your are very special.I really like you. You are a Catholic and very proud of it. I am also a Catholic too and i love the quote which you remembered. Love God and love your neighbor has your self. You have really inpired me with just the little i know of you.
    However,i really love to talk to you, it might not be directly, we can talk on video chat or any how you want us to talk but video chat will be preferable. I need your advice dear. Its matters to me. I really hope you can grant me this wish to talk to you please. God bless you. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i am tariq shah grom pakistan as you know pakistan is a poor country due to this crona virus alot of people facing alot of problem because they are at there home but they have no food to eat they are ill but they have no money to purchase medicine i also belong to a poor family but i am a social activist i want to help poor people around me please help me if possible

    ReplyDelete
  3. To,

    The Honorable Sir
    Subject : Request for financial support.
    Dear Sir/Madam, Contact Person

    My Name Deepak Pushkar, I Am Belong To A Very Poor Family. My Father Left The World Years Ago. I Have two children, have to educate them and say maintenance. I Am The Only One Responsible Of My children. Because My Financial Problem. I Am A Poor Man And Living In Straitened Circumstances And In Dire Need For Help. You Understanding My Problems Of Debt And Financial Crisis. As I Am The Only Breadwinner In The Family, I Have No Job Or Other Source Of Income To Fend For Me And My Family.

    Please Please Support Me. My Condition Is So Bad. I have full hope Will Help Me In This Difficult Time. Help Me As Much As You Can
    I Am Looking Forward Positive Response From You. Thank You.
    Yours Faithfully

    I thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Kind Regards

    I Have A Savings Account In State Bank of India →
    ACCOUNT HOLDER NAME :- DEEPAK PUSHKAR
    BANK ACCOUT NUMBER :- 31283792321
    BANK IFSC Code :- SBIN0008249
    BRANCH NAME :- Vidhyadhar Nagar
    BANK NAME :- State Bank of India
    COUNTRY :- Indian

    ReplyDelete
  4. best wishes for your new journey of life
    https://www.sangbadekalavya.in/2021/10/the-marriage-of-bill-gates-daughter.html

    ReplyDelete