Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More like family than friends...

Just the word vacation draws up so many emotions in each of us.  Many of us have happy memories, laughs with friends, long nights spent soaking up great conversations, mini-trips, enjoying delish food and a host of other things.  I simply L.O.V.E vacation.  It is something that I plan for many months in advance.  I think about where I should go, when, how long I want to stay.  My favorite vacation spot that I first went to 4 years ago is Oregon. I truly love going there. Have you ever been somewhere and just felt like you belonged?


The first time I ever went to Oregon I cried leaving because for some reason I just felt like my heart was captured by the beauty of Oregon from it's coast-line to the mountains to the easy-going people.  Over the past I have discovered my love for the outdoors from the coast to the mountains and everything in between. 


I've always been a girl that loves being outside, but never knew just how much I enjoy God's creation until I went to Oregon. But all of the nature and sights are not nearly as much fun if you can't enjoy it with others that hold a special place in your heart and it just so happens that I have two families that I am very close with that live in Oregon.  As a matter of fact, one of the families is the reason that I first went out to Oregon back in 2006 after they moved there from Georgia.

They both take me in and treat me like family. 
Thank you to my dear friends, the Unwins and Condellos for always making me feel so loved.  I hope that each of you have people like these in your life...that are more like family than friends.

~Jennifer

2 comments: