Saturday, May 24, 2014

Extrovert living in an introvert's body

The older I get the more I realize just how much of an extrovert I truly am.  I would say that I am 75% extrovert and 25% introvert.  Is it possible to think of it in percentages?  Ha ha!  I love being with people, having deep conversations, listening to stories & laughing, connecting with friends, etc.  Because I live alone I think that I get PLENTY of time by myself ;)  (Confession: I end up going to Target just to be with people...lame...but true.)

With it being Memorial Day weekend and because my friends are either already busy with plans or out of town I decided to go alone to the falls up near Multnomah Falls.  I absolutely love the falls. I love how connected to God it makes me feel.  There is just something spectacular about seeing that kind of beauty up close.  The rush of the water over the ledge; the enormous rocks that have been beaten up over time because of the water, but continue to remain faithful to being a part of the beauty.  It was breath-taking.  At first it was hard being there alone, but quickly God allowed me to be thankful for where I was and what He wanted just He and I to experience together.  I even got to have a nice conversation with a sweet couple visiting from England, which was just what I needed to not feel so alone.  He provides in ways that we don't even realize we need, until we reflect on our days.

I never want to take God's creation for granted.  Today is one of those days where I am made speechless by it and enjoyed soaking up the sheer awesomeness, even if I was by myself :)  May each of us remember that God uses things in our lives that draws our heart closer to His and He just wants to be WITH us...abide with Him.

~Jenga

Here are some pics I took:

View from Vista House

Waterfall through the trees

Beautiful bridge over the water

Water flowing at Bridal Veil

Bridal Veil Falls...one of my faves :)






































No comments:

Post a Comment