Friday, May 9, 2014

"Don't be so hard on yourself..."

Have you ever been going through a challenging day and God uses someone or something to point you straight to Him?  I had one of those moments today.  It was a very hard day.  I struggled a lot with many tears, pain and other things that have come as a result of sin that I talked about in this previous post.  As I was in the middle of the struggle, I felt like God wanted me to read Jesus Calling for today.  I don't read Jesus Calling every day, but when I felt like the Holy Spirit wants me to do something I knew I needed to do it.  I wanted to write it out for you today.  You may be struggling with mistakes that you have made in your past and beating yourself up over them.  I know I do that, but I hope that this is an encouragement for you...one that I'm sure I will have to keep coming back to.

May 9th...Jesus Calling--Don't be so hard on yourself.  I can bring good even out of your mistakes.  Your finite mind tends to look backward, longing to undo decisions you have come to regret.  This is a waste of time and energy, leading only to frustration.  Instead of floundering in the past, release your mistakes to Me.  Look to Me in trust, anticipating that My infinite creativity can weave both good choices and bad into a lovely design.  Because you are human, you will continue to make mistakes.  Thinking that you should live an error-free life is symptomatic of pride.  Your failures can be a source of blessing, humbling you and giving you empathy for other people in their weaknesses.  Best of all, failure highlights your dependence on Me.  I am able to bring beauty out of the morass of your mistakes.  Trust Me, and watch to see what I will do. (Romans 8:28; Micah 7:7)

Jesus CAN and WILL bring good out of my mistakes.  I have to trust that my failings and the things I'm going through can give me empathy for other people in their weaknesses, which I can attest to...it totally has.  I have so much to learn...but I have to remember to not be so hard on myself.

1 comment:

  1. Words so thoughtful, so true, so encouraging. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete