Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Trust without borders

In a post not too long ago I mentioned how I connect through worship.  It literally has become my heart's cry to know Jesus more through worship.  One of my favorite songs is Oceans by Hillsong United.  You may be familiar with it.  I first heard it at a Hillsong concert in Portland last year that I went to with my good friend, KaoXu.  When I went, I had no idea what to expect because I had never been to one of their concerts, but I was familiar with Compassion International and so KaoXu was going to volunteer to pass out packets, so I decided to volunteer as well.  Little did I know that I would be so deeply moved by a song.  Here are just a couple lines from the song:

So I will call upon Your name
And Keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

When I heard this song, I just literally felt a moving in my soul and heart that knew I would never be the same because of what the Lord would do through this song in my life.  Little did I know that just a couple months later the Lord would call me to trust Him in a way I'd never done before, to let my soul...my whole being...rest in HIS embrace.  There are not enough words to express and explain what that has felt like.  I pray that as Jesus continues to restore my soul & put the pieces back together that I won't forget to trust Him without borders and to know that He loves this sinner.  I'm sure that everyone has heard this song by now, but just in case you haven't or want to hear it again I've put it below.  If you do watch/listen to it, hear the Savior's call for you to trust Him, to hold His hand and know that he will hold you and guide you on this crazy journey we are all walking with Him.



~Jenga

No comments:

Post a Comment