Friday, May 2, 2014

Words

A few years ago I was in the car with my old roomies driving back from Florida and heard "Healing Begins" by Tenth Avenue North.  I remember hearing the words and knowing that my heart connected with the song.  Most of life I've connected deeply through music and in the past few years I've really started to pay more attention to the words in the songs.  If you've never heard this song before, please take a few minutes and listen to them.  They are powerful.




As this song has come back to mind over and again, I love the line in this song: "When you come to where you are broken within The light meets the dark".  This one line couldn't be more true to where I've been.  I was and am still so broken, but I've noticed that when I've been in those dark moments, the light from Jesus really does shine down through music, His word, journaling or other people.  We have such a great responsibility as believers and people that want to love on others with our words and actions.

Words have the ability to give life or death to people.  I've learned in the past few weeks just how much my words mean and impact those around me.  As I continue to walk this road of healing & restoration, I'm trying to be more observant of my words and how they come across to others.  I never intentionally want my words to cause someone else pain or hurt.  I've seen what that causes and it is a deep deep sadness & pain.

As I continue to grow in my knowledge of Jesus, I'm trusting Him to make my heart sensitive to Him and the more time I spend with Him, I'm convinced the more He will spill out of me through my words and life.  May this broken vessel be used by Jesus.

~Jenga

No comments:

Post a Comment